The Eating Beauty

The Eating Beauty

Labels

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Review: Kapils Salon and Academy

What they say about themselves - We are a chain of Salons equipped with internationally skilled experts. We are trendy and innovative unisex salon that caters to all age group and genders. We have branches all over Mumbai.




What I think about them –
Cost  - Decent, with clean-ups and hair-cuts starting from as low as INR 250, and can go upto INR 800 or above depending upon the add on masks and bleaches.

Ambience – This is probably the best part of Kapil's Salons. All their branches have spic and span interiors, clean towels, properly functioning lights and comfortable chairs.




Service – Ah! Now there could be a discussion. The service is average, with many staff being typical Indian women taunting you every chance they get. While the hair-cut or clean-up itself is good and reasonably priced, I hate that I have to talk to those females and listen to them ridiculing a paying customer. Up-Selling products is fine by me, but doing it in a degenerative manner isn't how to go about it. Need examples? I’ll give you three based on recent experiences.



1.     
     1. Me – "Mere baal mein thoda dandruff hai. Hair wash ke liye aapka anti dandruff shampoo use karna please."

Service Assistant  (Khushi, at Thane, Viviana mall)– "Thoda? Madam aapko bahut zyada dandruff hai. Aap hamari therapy kyun nahi le leti?"

2. Me – "So I would like to avail the free insta clean-up.

Service Assistant (Sapna, at Thane, Viviana Mall) – "Aapko acne hai, skin puri tanned hai aur pores pure khulle pade hai. Aapko D-tan facial and bleach ki zarurat hai. Isse kuch fayda nahi hoga aapka."
Me – :Haan par ab toh aap woh wala hi kar do. Baad mein dekhenge."
Service Assistant – "AS YOU WISH" (and storms out of the room!!!)




3. (Getting a manicure done)
Service Assistant  (At Borivali west) – "Kya karti hain aap, madam?"
Me – "Main MBBS kar rahi hu, JJ hospital se.
Service Assistant – MBBS kar rahi ho and aapke haathon ka khayal rahi rakhti? Kisne banaya aapko MBBS?" (With special emphasis on the word MBBS)

Jeez! Now that is what I call a taunt. Do I pay you for calling me these things?




Last two times, I was not even provided with tea/coffee/tang, which is something I look forward to at Kapils. Why? Because I am already a member and I have prepaid for my services?

While they should tell me my skin and hair problems and suggest services for the same, taunting me is not the way to do it. And passing comments on what path I’ve chosen as a career is definitely not acceptable.

We go to salons and spas and spend big bucks not only to look good, but also to feel good. The service,  the beverages, the ambience, the very temporary blow dry, they are all designed to make us feel a million dollars while we are there, and for a short time thereafter. With Service Assistants passing comments like that, my ego is hurt and my inner goddess looks for potholes in the ground to bury herself in.

The Eating Beauty’s final verdict – No, I won’t go there again. I’ll go until all my prepaid services are over, and then I’ll hunt for more welcoming salons. 

3 comments:

  1. i dont like kapils management ....... rudely talking with guest. kapil suppose to change his management

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think THIS is rude, try Envi Salon at Inorbit Mall Malad !! wonder how these guys plan to remain afloat after treating clients cheaply with outright downmarket behaviour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time I had very bad experienced about my hair treatment spend more than 20000/- and not satisfied with it no shine,half part of my hair looking very dull ..staff didn't maintain quality as per cost

    ReplyDelete